A PHP Error was encountered
Message: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /home/korper/public_html/system/sessions)
Line Number: 143
When you have a resistance band, you may wonder what to do with it, or is it an effective tool for strengthening your body? Anyone at any fitness level can benefit from the resistance band, and also it adds extra challenges to bodyweight exercises but never put double weights as dumbbells and kettle bells do. Resistance bands or therabands are small and light-weight also it is easy to travel. Are you starting your fitness routine or looking for exercises before adding weights, or searching for something that's versatile and instantly adds resistance on the go, it is better worth investing in some resistance bands.
HOW TO WORKOUT
Are you thinking of getting into shape with a pile of weights? We recommend you to snap out of it and grab an exercise or resistance band instead. This portable piece of equipment may be even more effective than a set of dumbbells because it is useful for both strengthening and balancing. Also, it works in a full range of motion, so it targets muscles that you can miss with the weights.
With these exercises, you'll hit all the major muscle groups using the resistance band to build strength and endurance in your entire body. But always keep in mind that some exercises will require different levels of tension. For example- if you are doing chest presses or biceps curls, use a heavy band for these exercises. And for that variety of options are available to get the most out of this workout. Also, you have to keep in mind that you may need to adjust your hand position or the position of your body to get the most tension out of each move.
Perform each exercise for 1 set of about 12-16 reps.
Do two sets of 16 reps using a variety of bands.
Do three or more sets of 16 reps using a variety of bands.
Make sure to work up about 10-15 minutes before doing theraband workout.
Resistance Bands Exercises for Beginners
Try these super easy resistance bands exercises if you are a beginner, recommended by our experts.
- Exercise 1
- Stand with a resistance band on both the feet holding handles long next to your sides with the palm facing forward.
- Now, slowly curl hands up to your shoulders, squeezing biceps and elbows next to your sides.
- Slowly release arms back down to the initial position and perform 1 set of about 15 reps.
- Exercise 2
Squat with Resistance Band
- Stand with both feet at shoulder-width apart and flat on the floor, turning outward at a slight angle.
- Place a theraband under your heels and pull the loop up over your head, so it rests across the back of your shoulder.
- Grab the band with both hands at your shoulder level and stretch it upwards. Now hold this position while performing the squat. Repeat 15 times.
- Exercise 3
Hug the World
- Stay with your arms at your sides and point your palms forward.
- Now, move your hands forward in front of your chest until you can meet your fingers.
- Bring your arms back to the starting position by putting stress. Don’t release the tension and leave your hands at the sides of the body. Repeat 15 times.
- Exercise 4
Triceps Extension or Pull Down
- Stand with one foot slightly in front of the other and from the center place it under the back foot. Bring on the handles together straight up above the top of your head.
- Slowly lower handles together straight up above the top of your head.
- Press hands back up overhead slowly. Repeat 10 times.
- Exercise 5
Side Raise or Lateral Raise
- Stand with a resistance band and hold one end in each hand. Next, on the middle of the band with feet about hip-width apart.
- Stand tall with chest out and back straight. Arms at your sides. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Begin the exercise by raising arms straight out from your sides until they are in-line with your shoulder. Pause, and then slowly lower arms back down to the starting position. Repeat 15 times.
- Exercise 6
Lat Pull Down
- Grab these resistance bands with your palms facing out and down.
- Get down on one knee with your hands up overhead and the resistance band.
- Bring your hands down and out to the shoulder height, and then let them back up. One repetition completes. Repeat 15 times.